How to Choose the ECM System for Your Business? When we talk about trends and strategic plans to become an advanced organization, we can not stop thinking about the digital transformation that every day more and more institutions go through in detail.
How to Choose the ECM System for Your Business
At UNIBRAVO, we are aware of the needs of our customers and always evaluate new solutions that satisfy and support the innovations, and we want to show them the basic qualities you need to evaluate in order to choose an ECM solution:
- Collaboration: A repository of documents should allow documents to be retrieved and managed by authorized users. Must be able to assign roles and access profiles for documents and offer multiple query options. Other advanced forms of collaboration allow multiple users to view and modify (digital ink) a document simultaneously in a collaborative session. The resulting document must be visible in its final form, at the same time as the storage of the marks made by each individual user during the collaboration session.
- Version control: you must have a process through which documents are checked in the repository, in order to allow users to recover previous versions and continue the work from a selected point. Having version control is useful for documents that change over time and require updating, and also allows users to view previous reference versions.
- Search and consultation: Various options to locate documents and be able to consult them effectively
- Security: This refers to the ability of a particular document repository to encrypt information transferred or stored through the Internet for workflow or collaboration purposes .
Digitization and capture automation
The options for document capture are considered in order to pass them from the physical state to the digital one, counting with indexing and massive loading of documents.
Currently workflows have a wide range of targets and some document repositories have an integrated workflow module. These workflows can be: manual, requires a user for document visualization and decides who to send or how it works, allows an administrator to create a rule that dictates the flow of the document through an organization. For example, an invoice goes through an approval process and then it is routed to the department of debts to pay. Dynamic rules allows branches that are created in a workflow process. An example of the above is that a quantity of the system, is followed different routes through the organization.
Platforms, Development and Integration
These are the characteristics that integrate the integration capabilities of document repositories. Once the information is centralized, it is feasible to integrate with other users for which users can consult the documents from the repository, such as changing and saving the modified document in the repository as a new version, all without leaving the application. This integration is available for email or collaboration software. Integration with open standards such as ODMA, LDAP, WebDAV and SOAP to allow integration with other software and compliance with internal controls.
Once we know the characteristics of the ECM we must identify the need of the company and to fill a comparison matrix where we have the different solutions that exist today in the market such as:
The idea is that before implementing an ECM solution it is possible to evaluate the different solutions and comparisons at a functional, technical and economic level, in order to implement the solution that best suits our needs.
- How to Choose the ECM System for Your Business
- Incorporate The Digital Culture In Your Company With Alfresco
- Types of business that need a document management system
This post is also available in: Turkish